The Institute of Nuclear Materials Management (INMM) was formed in 1958 to encourage:
- The advancement of nuclear materials management in all its aspects.
- The promotion of research in the field of nuclear materials management.
- The establishment of standards, consistent with existing professional norms.
- The improvement of the qualifications of those engaged in nuclear materials management and safeguards through high standards of professional ethics, education, and attainments, and the recognition of those who meet such standards.
- The increase and dissemination of information through meetings, professional contacts, reports, papers, discussions, and publications.
The Vienna Chapter
The Vienna chapter of the INMM was established in 1979 to further the objectives of INMM by providing a less formal format for the discussion of nuclear material management issues relevant to the area and to the organizations based in Vienna. All INMM members located in or near Vienna are encouraged to register with the local chapter and get involved in chapter activities, including:
- Luncheon meetings with guest speakers
- Technical programs
- Social events
- The annual international school science fair